Top-Quality Custom Converting Solutions
Converting Industrial Tapes and Other Bonding Materials for Your Needs
What is custom converting?
Custom converting is all about customizing an existing material for your specific use and application. Because the original manufacturer doesn’t have the space and resources to make custom-cut orders for their product, whether it’s a tape, foam or laminate, companies often turn to a custom converter to get the job done. Working with a custom converter is like sending a great product through the final step of manufacturing to make it perfectly suited to your processes and products.
Custom converting solutions by Evans EVCO
Evans EVCO offers the following custom converting solutions across a wide berth of industries. Our products and services are both standard and customized, with no minimum requirements. We provide converter solutions for:
- Industrial tapes
- Industrial adhesives
- Packaging products
- Self-wound overlaminates
Evans EVCO provides custom converting solutions in the following industries:
- Light industrial manufacturing
- Aerospace (tier contractors and maintenance overhaul bases)
- Automotive (tier suppliers and aftermarket)
- Graphic arts
- Distribution fulfillment
- Electronic devices, including refurbishment and repair
Evans EVCO converter processes
- Slitting and rewinding adhesive
- Foam converting
- Gluing and assembly
Applications for converter products
- Masking and surface protection
- Vibration and sound control
Custom converting process: How does it work?
At Evans EVCO, we see the custom converting process as a collaboration with the customer. We can work with any requirements and certifications your product or product needs to reach completion. To ensure a successful project, here’s a look at what you can expect in the custom converting process:
What's needed for a custom converter quote
Before the quote, use this quick checklist of information needed about the converter materials:
- Technical drawing with complete dimensions
- Application of the final product
- Use of the final product, including the conditions the product would be exposed to
- Process and method to apply the converter
- Tolerance requirements
- Substrates the material would be attached to
What happens next?
- Evans EVCO completes a review of the project to select the best process and confirm that the chosen material is right for your project. We’ll offer solutions and alternatives, if needed, to finalize your design.
- Evans EVCO provides a sample or prototype along with pricing.
- Finalize quote and place the order
What is a 3M Preferred Converter?
One of the benefits of working with Evans EVCO is we’re a 3M Preferred Converter partner. What does it mean to work with a 3M Preferred Converter? Here are some of the perks:
- Evans EVCO gets discounts and best pricing on 3M materials, which lets us pass the savings on to you.
- Evans EVCO gets exclusive access to specific products, including new products and certain product categories.
- Evans EVCO gets preferred treatment for material access, which means we can provide faster deliveries to our customers.